Falling Into Place

“Oh the Lord is good to me and so I thank the Lord, for giving me the things I need, the sun and the
rain and the apple seed. The Lord is good to me! Amen!”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am in the middle of working on a more substantial post, but wanted to write a short one in the mean time just to rejoice for I really feel, at the end of short but extremely intense summer semester, that all things are really falling into place for me as a student and more specifically, as an English major. This is where I’m supposed to be and I rejoice that God is revealing this more and more as I plod on in my studies. Yes, the road has been a little longer for me…this will be my fifth fall at Kennesaw State BUT it should be my last and I don’t regret changing majors. To find a passion is more than I could ask for, not to mention a husband who is there cheering me along every step of the way! My pride and joy this semester is a short story I wrote as a final project for one of my classes. Much of the body of it was already in the works last fall…though I didn’t know than that random reflections would turn into anything! The story is entitled Awakening. It is only ten pages, but I hope to make it into something more as there is much more to tell! Prof. King made some brief, but very nice comments at the end. They were:
An eerie, gothic sense of mood and atmosphere surrounds this
story. You show some REAL ABILITY(!!!!)

This entry was posted in Letter Rip. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Falling Into Place

1. * Alicia says:

Ummm Heck YES Susanna! Yay for Zana! That’s so exciting! I’m so glad you’re excited — it makes me excited ! I wanna read that masterpiece of yours one of these days. Love you! :)

ALicia…you are sooo awesome! All your posts last night gave me a very good, much needed laugh! Keep reading and posting my friend and I’ll show you the “masterpiece” whenever I can! xoxo

Alicia, let me know what your email address is if you get a chance!

4. Alicia "Eat Your Heart Out" Ward says:

Why I would most definitely LOVE to recive an email from THE Susanna Rose: English Genius and Boulderdash Extraordinaire. It’s: alicia_ward03@yahoo.com. Oh and I’m so thrilled you like my comments… I find them rather excellent myself (huff huff).

5. jana says:

Susanna, Hey girl—I really am so proud of you for plodding along in your studies. I know there have been very discouraging times, but it will be so awesome for you to finish this task well. I am so glad you have Rick to help encourage you as well. I know it sure makes a difference for me to have Kane’s support in my life. I also would love to read your story sometime. I am glad your crazy week is over and that maybe you can recoop this weekend! Love ya!

6. Rick says:

It is a great story, I demand it be posted immediatly!!! Love you, proud of you, great job this semester!