Lord of the Dance?!(=

Rick and I got FREE tickets to see “Riverdance” tonight at the Fox Theatre! I’m sooo excited! As many people were, I was fixated with that show in the mid nineties when it was a new thing. I remember my sister borrowed a tape of “Riverdance” from the library and we would watch it obsessively! Now I can actually hear and see everything live…yipeee! Time to practice my Irish tap routine!!!(;

5 Signs that you are Lord of the Dance:

1. Your calves are the size of footballs
  2. You pretend you’re Michael Flatley
  3. Any hard wood surface area is fair game for “tap dancing”
  4. You swear you’re Irish(you’re great, great, great, great, great grandmother once removed was)
  5. You like grand entrances, entailing a large leap in the air and sweep of the arms….Everyone generally thinks you’re really cool!

The show was INCREDIBLE!! One of the best performances I’ve ever seen…I recommend that everyone go out and see it if they can!

This entry was posted in Letter Rip. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Lord of the Dance?!(=

1. Neo says:

Rose - Yeah I love a good irish jig. There’s something so free about watching the dance.

2. jana says:

Susanna,I’m happy that you got to go see Riverdance, and jelous that you got to go to the FOX Theatre!! I hope we can go someday.Glad you enjoyed the show!

3. Becca says:

The Fox Theatre is so fun and beautiful! Such a wonderful place to see a performance. :) I’m glad you enjoyed the show.

4. Mella says:

How fun! I’m a little jealous – I’d love a night out to a show! Happy tapping!

5. Using up the words.... says:

Yay for you!! I saw the show way back when…. July 4th ’98. hahaha. In San Fran no less. It was awesome! The singing was more than I expected, and the music… something else.Canada is a long story… I’ll have to blog it. :)Have a lovely weekend there. It’s super hot here today. I’m such a winter chick. hehe.Blessings!

6. Barbara Challies says:

…and how do they manage all that wonderful athleticism without using their arms…and make it look easy!

7. Pat says:

Hi Susanna. Regarding number 4… My great great grandmother was once removed. Does that make me Irish? It was an Irish pub and she was once removed for fighting. Ah, but I digress. Just stopping in to say Hi.

Hey Pat! Come by MORE oh brother in law! I guess that makes you about as Irish as Rick is Jewish(approx. 1 1/16 or something)!(=