Six Weeks Later

Well, it’s been nearly six weeks since I blogged BUT, even more importantly, I’ve been pregnant for six weeks! That’s right…though my husband and I discovered I was carrying a little “speg”(sperm+egg!) on Christmas eve, it wasn’t until today that I finally found out how far along I am, what my due date is, etc. I even got to see “speg” through an internal ultra sound and it was the most AMAZING thing I have ever seen!! He/she is yet no more than a teeny-tiny sea horse looking creature but breathing and full of life! I couldn’t help but cry, knowing that he/she is growing inside of me and is really ALL MINE until the grand entrance into this crazy world! I can’t wait…these nine months better fly and “speg” better behave him/her self, grow healthy and strong, etc!

To take note of this special time, I have thought about beginning a second blog for the pregnancy. Here are some name ideas…Tell me which one you think best fits!

1. The Rose Garden

2. A Rose in Bloom

3. Dear Speg(-;

4. How a Rose Grows

5. Any other ideas?

I know what you’re thinking…why is she beginning another blog when she never writes on her first one?????? Well, valid question and all I can say is that you are just going to have to trust me that I will soon change my ways and surprise everyone!!(=

This entry was posted in Letter Rip. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Six Weeks Later

1. pat says:

Here are some that I thought of…”Laying Eggs””A Rose by Another Name””I Carry a Purse and Watch Jane Austin Movies” (No, wait. That one was for Tim.)”A Womb With A View””The Insider””The Purpose Driven Embryo”Ok, you don’t have to use any of those if you don’t want to… :)Congrats again!!!Pat

2. jana says:

Congtats you guys—I remember well my first sonogram and the amazement I felt when I saw that grain of rice sized baby moving about.As for the other blog names—I like Pats idea, “A Womb With A View”…very catchy. :)I also like your #4…How A Rose Grows. :)

3. Bobbi Jo Brooks says:

Congratulations! How exciting! A Womb with a view is indeed catchy!

Susanna…I am so excited for you guys! I can’t wait to see what the Rose baby looks like…fat or tiny? =) I think you should go with “laying eggs” or “The Purpose Driven Embryo”!

5. Neo says:

Rose -FINALLY!!! *HUGS*Cgrats to you and your man.I thought of a few you might wanna use.”So that was you last night?””The great diaper challenge”And(Drumroll)“(saying to a guy) You carry it!”;)Seriously, I like Dear Speg.Peace,- Neo

6. Happy Pappy says:

Ok, I cant compete with Pat. He gets a gold star. I especially like the Tim dig. =) Grace- how could it be anything but massive with two huge fatties as the parents?

Susanna. Some really clever names suggested…Can you incorporate little speg in the same blog?

I’m SO glad for all the awesome suggestions everyone and Pat, The Purpose Driven Embryo may just have to be the one!!! You will soon see which one I’ve chosen! Thanks again all!!!

9. pat says:

Did you know if you click on your “In Flander’s Field” link and look at the top of the browser, the title reads… Letter Rip in Flander’s Field. Just struck me as funny… :)

10. maryanne helms says:

Susanna-Enjoyed talking with you this morning, my precious sister. We are eagerly anticipating this newest little neice or nephew. Little Speg. Love you , all three….Maryanne

11. ruth says:

Woohoo!!! How exciting. You are going to have the time of your lives growing up with speg! :)

12. Mella says:

How incredibly exciting!!! Congratulations! You’re embarking on the most incredible and gratifying journey of your life…you’ll be forever changed, but for the better (not that you aren’t already wonderful as is, but motherhood – it’s a whole new bag…)I’m so glad for you! =)

13. Melissa Marini says:

COngratulations Susanna & Rick. The two of you will make very cute parents. As for your pregancy blog I think A Womb with a View is a good name.

14. Using up the words.... says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!Totally exciting news for you guys!HEHEHE… I love some of the suggestions foe the new blog name, and eagerly await to see what comes up!!Be well, and super blessed you guys!:)