Mental Health Break

“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”

As many of you may know, I am about to finish my final semester of University and am taking six classes which is keeping me quite busy with exams, papers, papers and more papers! Statistics (or sadistics as I’ve heard it called:) is further complicating matters as this right brained English major really has no taste for mathematics much less passion for solving the probability of 60 2oo lb men crashing an elevator! Come on folks, why do we have to spend 15 minutes of this precious life finding the answer to a question common sense alone would tell us is bad news!

Anyways, last Wednesday I found out that my good friend Jennifer Brown was visiting in Atlanta after moving with her new husband to New York last November and well, I seized the chance to get together with her, sip some Starbucks hot chocolate and catch up on a lot of lost time! I know that with Jen, conversation will always be deep and thought provoking and this visit was no different. Her thirst for having a good marriage, pursuing godliness, etc is just what I seek after too but it is always helpful to see how others shine in areas where I fail or overlook. It’s good to feel challenged.

It seems the coming months will bring Jen and I into more regular contact with each other as she is moving back to Atlanta in the fall while her husband Peter spends a year fighting in Iraq. Though I know these circumstances will be unbelievably difficult for the both of them, I am selfishly very thankful I’ll be able to see more of her! Above all, it’s just always good to know no matter how far away a good friend may be or how much time has lapsed between visits, an old friend is truly like gold!

This entry was posted in Letter Rip. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Mental Health Break

1. jana says:

Susanna, I am so glad you had the chance to visit with an old friend—and happy she will have you to keep her company while her husband is away. Looks like you all had a good time together.

2. Jennifer Brown says:

Suz, You said such kind things about me! I don’t deserve it. I had more fun than you know the other day and we have to do it again soon before life takes me back to Watertown.Love you, JenAlso Mel loved the pictures but said your belly was rather small :)

3. maryanne helms says:

Susanna-Haven’t we just been praying that God would provide you with the support of good friends, during pregnancy and new motherhood. It sounds like you have been blessed with some great women in your life….and I am so happy for you!

Jen, I meant every word…you have so much to offer and that is a fact!:)

Susanna, I am so gald you and Jen got together. May your friendship develop more and more. Old friends truly are special.

6. Rick says:

Its odd to hear Jen BROWN. Micah’s wife, before they got married and when I saw them most, her name was Jennifer Brown. You’re becoming a popular person, lots of friends coming together! =)