Stretched

About a month and a half ago, I started to show the war wounds of pregnancy: stretch marks. I felt confident heredity was on my side in this one; neither my mom or older sister experienced these scarlet lines around their tummies and so I did not consider I might not follow suit! Alas though, my skin has a mind of its own and has determined I will not have to worry about whether to buy a one or two piece bathing suit anymore!

It’s forced me to think though and consider how important the appearance of my belly is in comparison to the amazing little life all curled up head down inside of me, ready to present himself practically any day now! He’s more then worth the scars.

Will they fade or disappear? Only time will tell but I’ll try not to worry too much if they don’t!

This entry was posted in A Womb With a View. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Stretched

1. jana says:

Hey–I got them too and my little sis didn’t, but my older one did. You are right, the lines are nothing in comparison to the little one you will be holding in your arms soon!We are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. You should post one last pregnancy picture on your pregnancy blog—of your full term self at 40 weeks!!

Thanks for the encouragement and I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing these marks! I will try to put up some last belly shots in the next few days…thanks for the reminder!

3. Rick says:

They look painful… ah so nice to be male

4. Mella says:

Ooooh, Susanna! Any day now! I wish my internet access was hooked up so that I could keep an “eye” out for your little one’s arrival.If I don’t get a chance to hop online before you deliver – good luck! I’m sending blogger-hugs and lots of prayers! =)

The part of you the world sees looks beautiful, Susanna!

6. grace says:

Don’t worry..I have stretch marks just from growing so fast in middle school So i am ahead of you!!! you are not the only challies with them