Near, far, wherever we are!

So, as many of you may already know after reading Rick’s comment from earlier today, he did get the desired job offer and has accepted! My feelings are constantly colliding between excitement and anticipation at what is before us but sadness at what we will be leaving behind. I could never have foreseen how quickly and relatively easily the largest hurdle on which this move depended would be crossed over…it is truly amazing!

Our number one challenge now in the six or seven weeks we have left here is to get Micah’s health straightened out. As family knows all too well, he has suffered from chronic colds and congestion issues basically since birth. He is always alert, bright eyed and perky but always living under this ill health. Since up until now he has only been prescribed useless medication after useless medication from pediatricians who, for the most part, seem disinterested in taking things seriously, we are ready to do whatever it takes to get this under control. Please pray for him!

To Micah’s grandparents – especially his first time grandma and grandpa Rose – near or far, Micah will always know you and love you. As instinctual as the parent-child relationship is the love and acknowledgement a child has for his/her grandparents I fully believe. I see it already in Micah and have even envied the excitement he has sometimes…thus, what I’m trying to say is he will know you!

Recent News:

~ My little sister Grace got engaged to Justin last Sunday in Savannah! Wedding plans are plowing full steam ahead and already, a date is set in August and details are merging beautifully…it’s going to be an awesome day and I can’t wait!

~ Our 8 month old Micah has been 100% crawling for a week now and, hear to join his two adorable bottom teeth, are two top teeth emerging from a once gummy smile! Amazing!

This entry was posted in Letter Rip. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Near, far, wherever we are!

Yay Rick! That’s so exciting!

2. jana says:

Congrats on the job offer and acceptance. I know you guys are excited. (We will really miss you).Congrats on a crawling baby…he will be much happier being able to get around a little more on his own. Congrats to Grace on her engagement! What fun! I hope to see you soon. I am planning to have a lunch here like Andria did for us at her place awhile back…and you will definitely be invited! :)

3. Andria says:

WOW! WOW! WOW! What wonderful news Susanna! I am so happy for the three of you – this is going to be such an exciting time in your lives. Congratulations to Rick on the job!You will be so busy in the next few weeks, but we will definitely have to plan several get-togethers.Let me know if you need any help with anything!Yippee for Micah! I bet he’s loving this new discovery of movement!Let’s chat soon…!

Jana and Andria…thanks guys! I will miss you both and have really appreciated the friendships formed with both of you (and between our babies!) I am planning to have a get together with some couples, including you guys, before we go…I’ll let you both know when I have firm date idea and hopefully you’ll be able to make it!:)

5. Shannon says:

Congrats Rick and Susanna!! Awesome news. You guys are in for the ride of your life I’m sure! in a good way of course! Good luck with everything.I hope that Micah’s health improves. Perhaps it’s just time that he needs to outgrow his newborn illness. Maybe a change to the big city is what he needs.Congrats on the crawling too! Mira is finally holding herself up on all fours and is trying to move as well. We can have them race in a few weeks….once Mira learns how to move FORWARD. Looking forward to seeing you in NYC!

6. G. Grandma Rose says:

Congrats to the new job. What an adventure! It will be a whole new world for you all. I am praying that all will go well for you.

7. Neo says:

Rose - Cgrats to Rick, and to Grace. Looks like you’re about to be neck deep in boxes! Make sure you keep writing once you get there buddy.As for the little guy, NY’s air isn’t all that fresh, so I think you might still have problems. :<Peace & Hugs,- Neo

8. Vicki Small says:

Hi, Susanna,I guess it’s been too long since I last visited! Congratulations to Rick on landing the job, and to the two of you for venturing forth! Maybe in your new place you’ll find a doctor who can get a handle on Micah’s respiratory stuff. Or maybe God will see fit to heal him, outright.Best of luck in your packing and other preparations for your big move. I do not envy you that part, at all, at all! :o)

9. Mella says:

Yay! Congrats to Rick (and to your recently engaged sister) and good luck getting ready for the big move! I’m excited for you!

All in all, I’m happy for you, Honey!

11. heidi says:

Congratulations!!! I know you are apprehensive and thrilled all at once! But, if you hadn’t been able to do it, you probably always would have wondered what it would have been like. You can rest assure that God will take care of you, no matter where you are…and He’s opening the doors wide open and quickly!! Yay! (Does this mean even Jeph and I have a place to sleep in NYC if we venture to the city while you’re there??):)