Awaiting Ellie

I’ve debated whether to announce our coming baby girl’s name. On one hand I’ve wondered if it would be a let down but then, I remember we gave away Micah’s name to everyone before he was born and I felt as though people were able to start connecting with him more fully this way. But really, at the end of the day, I’m simply NO good with surprises!

On that note, Elizabeth will be her name (95% sure:) but we will call her “Ellie” much of the time. I’ve been in love with Ellie for several years now and Rick likes it too. After becoming friends with an amazing girl at church named Elizabeth, a friend to us, an aunt and bi-weekly baby sitter to Micah (who insists on doing it for free), we were inspired. Now we’re just stumped on a middle name!

While I haven’t gone crazy yet buying girlie loot, I have bought a few things. On Monday, to my surprise, we received a “Bon Bebe” bib and wash cloth set from my older sister Maryanne, addressed to Baby Ellie Rose. How cute is that?:)

13 Responses to Awaiting Ellie

1. Christy says:

Susanna! We are so excited for you guys! Can’t wait to meet little Ellie someday! We miss you down here in Atlanta, Christy

What a cute name! I really like it.Have a nice day,Maud

3. Andria says:

I LOVE the name Elizabeth, too! I had never thought of Ellie though -that is really cute! I am the same as you – I can’t keep surprsies, especially these kinds of surprises! :)Just got back from Moms & Tots – missed you!

Oh, seeing those sweet baby things makes it seem so real! I love “Baby Ellie Rose”. Too bad your last name is Rose–that would make a lovely middle name! :)Adrienne

5. Kane, Jana and Mara Kate says:

Ellie! I love it! So girly and sweet! Let us know what you decide on the middle name. I love talking about baby names…and I’ve got baby girls on the brain as my older sister had her 4th baby today and it was a girl! What fun!

6. The Matriarch says:

Fun for us all to buy girl-presents!

7. Ally says:

Perfect!I love it when the baby’s name is shared in advance; I feel more connected that way from the very get-go–”Ellie” is much better than “it” or “she.” Sounds like Ellie already has two great aunts:)

8. Anna says:

That is so precious, Susanna! I too love the name Ellie. I love it when parents name their child before he/she is born. It makes the baby seem so real, and really emphasizes his/her personhood. And it’s just really sweet. What cute baby things, too.

YAY!!!! I can’t wait to see her.

10. Mella says:

I also love when parents announce their child’s name before the birth – it makes the baby less of a “thing” and more of a person, which she is!Baby Ellie – so cute. (I love the name Elizabeth also, it’s a classic)

Have you comsidered MAE as a middle name

Anon(I wish I knew who you were!:),Thanks for the name suggestion. We still have NO clue what we want to do for a middle name but I will post it as soon as we decide on one!

13. Not-as-Newlyweds says:

I had a family member named Ellie. :) She was of the four-legged variety, but we all loved her very much, and I always thought it was a sweet name. :)I agree that Ellie Rose is precious and look forward to hearing what middle name you pick.Congrats!