Anticipation

I can’t sleep anymore. It might be the heightened discomfort of later pregnancy but I think mostly it is just the anxious anticipation of waiting for our little girl! I often tell Rick that it is as though every night lately is as Christmas Eve was for me as a child. I never slept a wink and was always the first up in our family…eager to wake everyone else up… much to the total annoyance of my older siblings!

Now at night, I lie planning her still non-existent nursery (we’re moving to a much larger apartment in a few weeks so hopefully she will have a little space soon), wondering if any pains, large or small, are contractions. I just want to see her!

Come soon little one! Soon!

6 Responses to Anticipation

1. Mrs. Miller says:

Waiting during these last few weeks is the hardest! But you’ll make it and have that sweet one cuddled in your arms soon!

2. The Matriarch says:

We are so anxious to see Ellie, Hon! Can’t wait, either!

3. Vanessa says:

Hey Susanna. . .I’m def. thinking of you and anxious to hear how it all goes. I couldn’t wait to have my babe in my arms. While you’re waiting you may enjoy http://www.ohdeedoh.com – it’s a little modern for my taste, but they have fabulous ideas for using every inch of space.Blessings to you!!

Vanessa, Thanks for the link to that website! I’ve actually seen that before but haven’t been to it for a long time so it was good to be reminded of it! It is a very helpful site for people living in our type of small apartment situation!

5. Not-as-Newlyweds says:

I can only imagine the anticipation and know that even just as the aunt so far, I was about jumping out of my skin excited in the waiting. :) Congrats on the new apartment, too. And does Baby Ellie have a middle name?? :)Blessings,Becca

Becca, I think I’ll keep the middle name a surprise since we gave away her first name so quick!;) Stay tuned!!:)