Elmo Gets Potty Trained

So, I have as yet to begin the potty training process with Micah. I suppose it is a mix of fear and just plain procrastination…when it comes to this unique right of passage, is any mom excited to tackle it?

Anyways, it seems Micah is trying to tell me something. When I came into his room one morning last week, this is how Elmo was sitting, plopped inside the potty seat, looking fairly enthusiastic if you ask me! Perhaps Micah is trying to tell me something…”Dang it mom…if you won’t potty train me, I’ll go ahead and show you how easy it is for Elmo!”

Kids…never a dull moment!

6 Responses to Elmo Gets Potty Trained

1. Johannah says:

I just trained Gabriel in three days!My method-Let them run around in the house naked for three days. They DON’T want to go on the floor, so they fuss loudly when they need to. After three days, they are used to letting you know that you can dress them again.{Note: My kids are always in some state of undress, mind you.}I always reward them during those first few days too. Especially for #2’s. Smarties are the best.Love, Jo

That is funny, Susanna:)

Wow! Thanks for the tips Jo! I love to hear what other moms do in this area!And for those who may be new to my site, Micah is JUST OVER 2. I don’t want anyone to think he’s 5 or something and still not potty trained!;)

I hear you, Susanna! I think Vivian is more ready than I am to potty train. I’ve pushed it off three times already! I’m going to try again after Thanksgiving. Chris’ sister tried the same method with her daughter that Johannah mentioned. Maybe there is something to the naked method!Adrienne

Go, Elmo! And go, Micah – in the potty, that is! Mom

6. Rick says:

Elmo always goes in the potty and never on the floor. The problem is, then he takes a bath in it…