Comfort Food

Very healthy dinner…

My friend Sarah posted her latest Jamie Oliver recipe which inspired me to share this red lentil and vegetable soup recipe I found in Good Housekeeping magazine. Since I have a bit of a cold, I made this last night since hot comfort food sounded perfect! This soup has been a favorite of mine for about a year now, mostly because it is 100% healthy and takes only 30 minutes or so to make.

You can find the recipe here.

And for dessert, a few squares of not so healthy dark chocolate:)

12 Responses to Comfort Food

Will try the soup…Now, my dear, you know dark chocolate is now considered VERY healthy! Mom

You’re right mom!:)

3. Bethany says:

The soup looks amazing! In fact, I’m making it this weekend because we’re supposed to have rain and, thus, *cold* weather. Thanks for sharing.Oh, and I’m with your Mom. Dark chocolate is high in fiber so its totally justifiable!

Ohh! I love lentil soup and will definitely have to try that one. And dark chocolate is practically considered a vegetable in my household!

5. Shannon says:

I thought that dark chocolate was it’s own food group!! Ya know Susanna, I didn’t even like dark chocolate until I stayed with you in Smyrna. Then I tried your decadent dark chocolate squares and I was hooked! The perfect ending to any meal. I want to the try the soup and dark chocolate combo. Yum!! My Dad laughed at me for making grilled cheese tonight, as it was his staple when we were growing up. :)

6. SYK says:

I love dark chocolate! Full of antioxidants – so very healthy. Mmm, I like your post on comfort food especially on these cold frigid days. Now I'm thinking of mac & cheese, hearty stews… mmm… keep posting good recipes!

7. Rick says:

It is very good soup! Husband approved =)

Soup sure looks deliciousDad

9. A.P. says:

been looking for a good lentil recipe– when we moved from MD, lentils that D had for years also made into the moving boxes to our apartment in NY! can we still use them? :)

10. Mella says:

A) That soup looks AMAZING…andB) Dark chocolate is so full of antioxidants that it’s practically considered a health food these days. Enjoy away! =)

Susanna-I made that soup last night, minus some ingredients, like carrots. And in addition to some other things, like shredded chicken- so the kids would eat it. We had it with grilled cheese-and-tomato. It was excellent! Thanks for the recipe. And I had that soup in NYC with you last year. Truly excellent. I am so eager for healthful recipes for this pregnancy. That’s a good one. Have a GREAT time this weekend. How fun!!!Love you,Maryanne

Maryanne, So glad you enjoyed it and what a good idea to put shredded chicken in it…I’ll have to try that!:) Shannon, I’m glad to know I got you hooked to dark chocolate!;) You’ll never be able to get off it once you’ve started! I’ll make sure I’ve got lots here when you guys come in a few weeks!!!