Where I Belong

Yesterday at the playground, a woman asked me what I did before having Micah and Ellie. They might not hear this story much in these parts…I was a married college student, a graduate and then a month later, a mom. A simple answer. A short answer but one that makes me smile because just as in any career path, I have much to learn but my heavenly boss has much grace and patience. My resume is barely started. But I will not flounder or jump to another job…this is where I belong and I’m here to stay!

I rejoice over my son and daughter! God has blessed me so much and I am continually reminded that though I am so clueless and have so much to learn in this journey of motherhood, he has seen me fit to be a mom. He knew that what I can not necessarily gain monetarily, I can get every day in hugs, kisses, needy glances and other expressions of love from ones who can not yet fully comprehend what they need but only that they need. My constant prayer is that they will recognize at an early age where these needs stem from and how they can ultimately be filled…through Christ.

Me graduating with a huge tummy, a month before Micah was born

Life is NEVER boring!;)

6 Responses to Where I Belong

1. Rick says:

I hereby promote you to High Arch Bishopess of the Rose Household for a job well done

2. Bethany says:

Being a mom is the hardest and most impressive resume entry EVER. You chose wisely! :-)

Susanna, I totally forgot how you graduated so pregnant!!!! I’m so proud of you for being such a great mom…those babies sure are blessed to have you and Rick as parents!

4. Shannon says:

What an awesome picture to see you so pregnant!! To think that little Micah was present for your graduation. So adorable.

5. SYK says:

that’s a great graduation picture. your love as a mom is quite evident. your kids couldnt be more blessed!:)

So glad your gain is our gain,as well!!! Mom