Weekend in Woodstock

“This is the largest group of people ever assembled in one place, and I think you people have proven something to the world: that a half a million kids can get together and have three days of fun and music and have nothing *but* fun and music, and God bless you for it!”
~Spoken to crowd at Woodstock festival, 1969

Well, we had a great weekend in upstate New York visiting Woodstock and the surrounding area. We left Saturday afternoon and stayed overnight into Sunday. Quaint stores, interesting people, good food, beautiful scenery…and of course, precious, quality family time. The one disappointment? We found out the Woodstock music festival did not actually take place in Woodstock but in Bethel, New York, a distance away. While such greats as Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Bob Dylan hung out in Woodstock pre-festival, a permit could not be granted to hold the festival there and thus Bethel became the host town. I think we missed seeing a memorial plaque and a big, empty field. Ah well!:)

Mommy’s Girl…

Daddy’s Boy…

6 Responses to Weekend in Woodstock

Looks so beautiful! As usual, I have tremendous snow-envy. And look at Ellie’s bottom teeth. And those cheeks are getting huge. I love those babies so much!Maryanne

Interesting the way the anonymous Woodstock commentator implored God’s blessing on the “fun” they had there…Still, a beautiful town…Makes me miss the north. Thanks for posting the photos. I CAN’T WAIT to see you all – counting the days!!! Love, Mom

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful family weekend.

Ok…your children only get cuter and you two are awesome parents! I am in agreement with Maryanne, those cheeks are getting huge:)

5. Rick says:

It was beautiful and fun!

6. Andrew says:

Sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend in Woodstock. It looks like a pretty town and it’s neat to see all the snow- been a long time since I’ve seen that much! I also love the photos of the kids. I’m sorry we’ve hardly talked lately. I’ll try to call you tomorrow night. Glad that I’ll be seeing you in just a couple of weeks! Bye for now.Andrew