Happy Mother's Day

This is a Mother’s Day hijacking of Mommy Inc. brought to you by Daddy Inc. and Son Inc. (daughter Inc. would if she could)

FROM MICAH TO MOMMY:

FROM RICK:
You may not know the truth about my wife, because she is too genuinely humble to desire to advertise herself. In fact, she generally goes in the opposite direction and brings herself down in order to make others feel good. If you’ve ever hung out with Susanna and said something like “I really struggle with…” she probably said “oh I know, I do the same thing” but the secret is you’ll never know if she really does that thing or not – she wouldn’t dream of making someone else uncomfortable, so she sympathizes.
Susanna’s caring spirit and humble personality sometimes lead to others thinking she is incapable or something less than she is. But not today. Today, I will brag for her. Today I’m writing a public thank you so others will know the truth about the mother of my children.
Susanna is concerned first and foremost with imparting godly values and knowledge to our children. She sings Bible songs, tells bible stories. She focuses on discipline, consistently explaining how God wants them to obey, praying with them. All seeds that can show very little fruit and yield very little reward in a 2 year old and a 10 month old.
She dedicates energy that leaves nothing to spare – to keep up with a son who “produces his own caffeine” (to quote a fellow church member). She takes the kids to the playground every day, or the love Micah now shares with his mommy of going to the bookstore. “I need go bookstore!”
Above all she exhibits limitless love. Love for the kids. The aforementioned love and care for other moms. And most appreciated by me and perhaps rarest of all, she still reserves the most love for her husband. A loving, tender, caring, pure, soft heart that is my wife and Micah and Ellie’s mommy.
Thank you for all these things you are and do, that I don’t show appreciation enough for, that the kids can’t yet show appreciation for – but that I am confident they will know in time – they have the best mommy around. We all love you!

8 Responses to Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother’s Day Susanna!!!! Rick, what a nice post:)

2. Mella says:

Beautiful post. Happy Mothers Day, Susanna!

3. SYK says:

happy belated mother’s day susanna!! you are much loved! :)

I agree! Susanna, you encourage and challenge me in my motherhood more than you’ll ever know. Thank you so much for your friendship. And while our kids may not always demonstrate in public the effort we put in to teaching and disciplining them, it is obvious in the little things they say and do that it is sinking into their hearts. I was touched yesterday in church watching Micah sing and clap–so genuinely happy to be there praising God. That says a lot!

This unexpected tribute leaves me feeling honored, privileged, thankful, and incredibly humbled! Thank you!

6. Andrew says:

That was a very touching post Rick. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said. Also loved the video.

7. helms family says:

Yeah, Rick! Thanks for sharing what I know about my sister. She is the “real deal”, and I love her. And so agree with the “I do that too” thing, even if she does not or has not. Because she can genuinely place herself in others’ shoes. And wants to do so. Thanks for loving her so well!

Thank-you, Rick, for loving Susanna so well and thank-you, Susanna, for loving Rick and my grandchildren so well…What more could a grandma ask for? Mom