Humorous Hope

I am beginning to learn that many battles must be fought for some time as a parent, seemingly in vain, before any fruit is seen. One such battle with Micah has been teaching him to hold my hand when crossing the street since more and more often, my almost 3 year old chooses to walk along side me on our daily outings instead of sitting in the stroller the whole time. His newest thing has been wearing a monogrammed, camouflage backpack my older sister Maryanne got him for Christmas and literally strutting his stuff-chest puffed out-as he goes!

Anyways, as is regularly my custom, I consulted with some moms with more experience, including Maryanne about the whole hand holding issue. Her advice was to prep Micah before reaching each light by telling him he had to hold my hand when we crossed the street or else he’d get an owies on his bum bum. So I’ve been doing it and it has really been working well (thanks sis!;)…advanced prepping in this situation like many others is just what he needs and he is more consistently holding my hand at lights.

Micah decided the other day to take the whole prepping thing a step further by prepping himself before we even left the house. In a serious, commanding tone, he said:

“Micah, hold mama’s hand crossing street or get big bum bum!”
Okay, so apparently some minor details are getting lost in translation but he’s getting it, folks! He’s getting it!;)

8 Responses to Humorous Hope

1. kate says:

ha, that is so sweet. Consistancy, consistancy, consistancy.

2. Daniel says:

When all else fails, threaten. That philosophy applies for just about anyone. :-P

That’s a good one. I’ll have to add that to my repertoire!

Susanna,That is so funny…he’s so cute:)

5. helms family says:

I LOVE it! He’ll get a big bum-bum if he disobeys. Not if he takes his genetics seriously:). Glad the warning are working. I think I spend a good portion of my life advance-warning!

Love it! Mom

7. Mella says:

Haha! I love what comes out of kids mouths!On a totally unrelated topic – I saw this report this morning and thought of you, perhaps hope is not lost for the conscience of America? (see link) http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/More-Americans-Pro-Life-Than-Pro-Choice-First-Time.aspx

THanks Mella! That is an encouraging poll!