Away

Our little weekend get away, sweet and rejuvenating! As usual, my dad’s cousin Barbara and her husband Philip were the best hosts ever and we talked politics, etc over delicious food. Flowers, butterflies, hummingbirds, more flowers, the soft hum of lawn mowers…I could return in an instant!:)

And I found this Robert Frost poem the other day…appropriate for our little Rose family:

The Rose Family

The rose is a rose,

And was always a rose.
But the theory now goes
That the apple’s a rose,
And the pear is, and so’s
The plum, I suppose.
The dear only know
What will next prove a rose.
You, of course, are a rose–
But were always a rose.

10 Responses to Away

1. Lulu says:

Susanna, the pictures are beautiful as always! And yes, the setting is just a wee bit different from life in Park Slope, huh? :) I’m glad you got to enjoy it with your family!

Wow! Those pictures look like they’re right out of a magazine! Sounds like you guys had a wonderfully rejuvenating weekend.

Beautiful…looks like so much fun!!!!

4. Andria says:

What a gorgeous place – it looks like a dream! What a treat that you were able to enjoy a weekend away with the family!

5. Rick says:

Nice poem! It was a fun weekend, good to finally get some time to take some good pictures again.

Precious Barbara! SO glad you got away…Mom

7. Andrew says:

Am glad you had such a good, restful visit. Wish I could have been there! Love the pictures.

8. Shannon says:

I love the pictures….is that their house?! I love it. So quaint :)

9. Rick says:

For the record, that photo is the milk house – its an old farm. Their actual house is not a little one room building =)

Barbara and Philip are such great relatives to have. I am so glad that we reconnected with them around 20 years ago. You will have to ask Barbara about the home movies which her father [my Uncle George Richards] shot years ago and are now is a useable format. I would love to get a copy because it shows my mother at a lake in upstate NY or CT before she was married, probably about 18 or so.love Dad