O-B-E-Y!

Today I felt slightly disheartened as I walked home with the kids from a morning jog in Prospect Park. Ellie began continually sticking her hands out of the stroller and under the rims that go over the rear wheels of the jogging stroller. I was afraid she would hurt her hands. “Ellie, no touch!” I’d say sternly but she clearly saw this as a game and kept on going back to her antics. She’d even let out a little giggle as if this game was the funnest one mommy had ever played with her. “Oh dear,” I was thinking wearily. “Square one all over again!”

After many warnings, I smacked her hand. It was then that Micah began singing at the top of his lungs from the front seat of the stroller, “O-B-E-Y obey your mom and dad! O-B-E-Y it makes them very glad! Listen to the words they say, obey your parents everyday! O-B-E-Y obey your mom and dad!” Yup, he sang it all the way down Union street.

I had to laugh as well as hold out hope that he really is going to take on some big brother duties with out my prompting soon such as correcting his little sister!:)

P.S. Thank you mom Rose for the kids Cd that introduced Micah to this song! It is the best one I can think of to teach a child about obedience!

9 Responses to O-B-E-Y!

Ha!!!! Micah…that is so funny…I remember learning that song and Katie and Jo's church…and signing to it as well:)

We big brothers are a blessing at all times. :-)Dad R.

Micah's not the only one that has it fixed in his mind -Guess who else has been singing it? Mom

Cheerful little Micah never fails does he?By the way, many thanks for the coffee. I am enjoying it right now.Dadlite

5. Andrew says:

That's a really amusing story! The song sounds like a good one for kids to learn. By the way, what's your phone # again. I have a new phone now and no longer have your # recorded on it. It would be good if you could send it to me. Thanks and I'll talk to you later.

6. Jessy says:

lol my grandma took my mom to prospect park all the time when she was little…. and I totally remember that song from watchign the donut man! lol

7. Jason and Kim Vinson says:

Oh wow! Good job Micah! I'm struggling with Rachel being content in the stroller too. She likes to try to twist sideways so that she looks like she's about to fall out of the stroller. I've found it hard to discipline while en route. What cd is this song from? Oh do, please share!

8. Daniel says:

Was it a Mr. Donut Man CD?! We used to listen to those all the time when we were kids. :-)

Ya, I think it is Mr. Donut Man!:)