Pregnancy Craving: Milk

I usually hate milk but the last few weeks I’ve been craving it. It’s not that I have to be drinking it every second of the day but even just really needing a glass or two each day is strange for me because I typically avoid the stuff!

Looking online, it seems this is a pretty normal craving for pregnant women to have…perhaps it has to do with the baby’s bone development? Or I could be calcium deficient. Anyhow…just an unusual craving for me so I thought I’d mention it!:)

11 Responses to Pregnancy Craving: Milk

1. The Matriarch says:

Ew (I detest milk)….isn't it strange what pregnancy does? Any morning sickness yet?

Oops…that was Grace by the way.

yuck! Glad it is you and not me! Mom

Take it from one who knows – milkshakes are even better.Dad

5. Rick says:

Wow, apparently there is a strong Challies bias against milk! =)

6. Daniel says:

Hmm…I've drunk/drank/have drunk (the proper usage eludes me) several glasses of milk a day since I was a wee boy. That might explain a few oddities…

7. Christy says:

Congratulations Susannah! I'm so thrilled for you! When are you due? Love to catch up next time you're down our way :)

8. Shannon says:

I can't stand drinking milk either, however, when I was pregnant with Mira, I couldn't get enough milk, yogurt, cheese…good thing I'm not lactose intolerant!! At least it's something healthy that you are craving!! Hope you are feeling well :)

9. Becca says:

I had a couple glasses each day when pregnant with Asa to help curb heartburn. But now, I've done a complete 180. Asa is SUPER sensitive to ANY dairy so I've had to eliminate all dairy–not just milk–from my diet. It's made for some creative cooking at our house (and a mommy who is very thankful for the alternative foods store in town that carries many vegan options).

all gay