5 Years, My Love!

To my husband…

Before we even knew the other existed, God knew…

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
~Jeremiah 29:11

Before it was the Roses 4 (and more;), it was simply you and I

As our family grows, so does our love, joy and commitment

“Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.”
~Psalm 112:1
Yet, at the end of the day, no matter years, children and changes, it will always be you and I. We have come so far by God’s grace and the roles of spouse and parent have taken us to knew realms of growth as we are continually challenged and transformed to be more like Christ, less like ourselves. You are my best friend and I am quite simply amazingly, incredibly blessed!

“Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.”

~Songs of Solomon 8:6

11 Responses to 5 Years, My Love!

1. Rick Rose says:

Love you!

Oh, and I forgot to say this post is written all because it is our 5th wedding anniversary today!!! In case that was not obvious to readers!;)

3. Becca says:

Happy anniversary! :) It's such a blessing to walk (and grow!) alongside your best friend as you follow the Lord. :)

Happy Anniversary you two! You both are a great example of a Godly marriage.

Happy anniversary!!!!! Love you both!

6. Lulu says:

Happy happy happy anniversary, guys!!! :) You're always so sweet with each other and always eager to serve each other. What a shining example to us adults, but more importantly, your children! :) Love you guys!

That makes a mom happy!

8. Rose-Colored Glasses says:

Happy anniversary!So, fellow English major, I have created a blog dedicated to the books I'm reading. For now at least, it's the books I'm reading this semester. We have to write responses on them so I thought it would be fun to post my responses on a blog! :-) Anyway, a blog dedicated to literature just sounded like fun. I just thought I would let you know in case you'd like to check it out!

9. Andrew says:

Happy anniversary! Have a fun weekend away and looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

happyyyyyyy anniversary guys!!!!!! love you and have a wonderful time away!!! mel martin

11. Shannon says:

Happy Anniversary guys! I love those pictures of you!! Love you guys :)