Here and There

We got an incredible Anniversary weekend get away thanks to my mother-in-law who was willing to come from Atlanta and stay with Micah and Ellie. Like the last two years, we got out of the city and stayed in Greenwich, CT at a beautiful hotel there but not before seeing an early afternoon Broadway performance of “In the Heights.” We loved the performance…tons of energy and an original story line.

Once in Greenwich, we relaxed but also explored the area a bit, walking around, going to a nearby non-profit cinema in Stamford to see the movie “400 Days of Summer” and then eating a delicious dinner afterwards. Apparently Greenwich is one of the wealthiest areas in the country or so said the guy who drove us to the hotel from the train station. We definitely saw many fancy cars, including a Lamborghini!

All I can say is we were truly blessed to have this time together. Rick spoiled me and gave us the perfect time away. I couldn’t have asked for a better time and I am very thankful to mom Rose for deciding to spend her Labor Day weekend serving her grandchildren!

Something I learned more fully this weekend: I think my husband knows just about everything! Seriously, having the time to really sit and talk without interruptions, his frequent reading of history as well as all the podcasts he listens to about any number of subjects really showed through. Don’t get me wrong…I always knew I had an extremely smart, well-read husband but man, he is practically a walking encyclopedia!:) Yes, I must boast cause he never would!;)

A sign in the train stop;)

And, lest I keep you in suspense of what our kidos have been up to lately, here is an idea! Daddy was pulling them around the room the other day while they were lying on a blanket!:)

6 Responses to Here and There

So glad you two had such a great anniversary…love the pictures! Ellie and Micah are so cute.

Glad you think your husband is wonderful. I think he feels quite the same way about you! One "wonderful" plus one "wonderful" equals one happy couple! Mom

3. Mom R. says:

Glad you had a great time- looks like a very pretty place. I enjoyed being of service- had a wonderful time being grandma, so much fun to be with the kids!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Elijah went to heaven in a chariot. I hope to go in a Lamborghini. I leave enough in my will to pay the carbon credits.Kids a re beautiful as alwaysDad

5. Jason and Kim Vinson says:

Double congratulations! One for a baby and two for another anniversary. I'm so glad you two had a chance to get away. Jason and I are looking forward t oa trip overseas soon with the kids. Oh, it will be hard to leave them but it always comforting to know when they are in good hands (the in-laws).

You look beautiful, Susanna!See you soon- can't wait!!!