Using My Hands

I hardly ever attempt to create anything. I lack both the confidence and the expertise to really give that wow factor to artistic endeavors. But, for my friend Jenni’s baby shower, I decided to just let go of insecurities and have some fun! So I got all my scrap booking materials together and put together favor bags, decorated a baby book for guests to write in and cupcakes that looked a lot better than the tasted but oh well! The one big short cut? We had the shower at a nice Asian restaurant! Oh so nice to not have to clean up afterwards!;)

Anyways, and then at the end, Jenni and I posed belly to belly! She is 32 weeks along and I am merely 11 but already starting to show and this time around, I’m all for showing. I see it as an awesome thing!:)

11 Responses to Using My Hands

P.S. Thank you Angela for taking the beautiful pictures!:)

Wow…I LOVE how you made everything look. That dress looks great on you!!! Sorry, but you are barely showing:) Love you!

3. Becca says:

Those favor bags are so cute! I find I worry about how something will turn out, but it IS about having fun/being creative/blessing others. :) It looks like you were a wonderful hostess. :)

4. Bethany says:

You should be creative more often because the bags, book and cupcake are ADORABLE!!!You and Jenni both look so cute, although you're barely showing. :-) What a blessing for you to be expecting #3!

5. Andrew says:

Hi! Hope you're having a good day. Just wanted to write to say Happy Birthday. I tried to call you a couple of minutes ago but only got your voice mail. Left a short birthday message. How is Ellie doing? Since I haven't heard anything I assume she's much better. In any case, hope your day goes well and we'll have to try to talk again today or sometime this week. Bye for now.

That is a great dress! The favors turned out great and those cupcakes look very tempting right now. Well, I was thinking in the back of my mind that your birthday was sometime in the middle of October. Thanks to your brother for reminding me! Happy Birthday, Susanna! I miss you much.

7. Steph says:

I especially love the guest book! That is adorable! I meant to call you today, but time slipped away from me. I am sorry. But happy birthday! I have a card in the mail for you, but it'll be late (obviously).

8. SYK says:

happy belated birthday susanna! you look great:)

Good for you! Mom

I am still reading your blog and we are pregnant together again. We are only 6 weeks along. Our baby #3 also. May the Lord bless your family as you increase.Kathy P Ohio (Fellow Canadian living in the USA)

11. Shannon says: