The Sleepy Season

I’m officially naming this time in my life, approximately 10 weeks before baby #3 makes his/her grand entrance, the sleepy season. I have never known such fatigue as the last several weeks and simply have to prioritize sleep whenever possible, even at the expense of regular, thoughtful blogging, etc. I hate that…I hate not being able to blog as much as I’d like or to get out as much as I’d like but there really is just no alternative. In order to keep up with my two busy little ones plus keep well in this pregnancy, sleep at any free moment such as their nap time is a must!

Anyways, a simple, random post idea but I wanted to share a picture that I’ve put on the fridge and which fills my life with a little more happiness each day!:) Four years ago, while I was pregnant with Micah, this picture was taken at an annual digital ball Rick’s company in Atlanta held each year. It was such a fun excuse to get dressed up each May, especially since neither of us ever did the school dance thing! We have no scanner so thus the picture is awful in quality as I just simply took a picture of it I must admit with embarrassment but alas! I thought I’d share it anyways!:)

Have a blessed day everyone!

10 Responses to The Sleepy Season

I remember doing you makeup and hair…such a great picture:)

Great photo, and SO glad you are sleeping when you can..Mom

3. maryanne says:

I remember that day, too! WEre we all there? Living vicariously through you! Sleep while you can. And remember, pregnancy is a lot harder in many ways that being up in the night. Your body at least, returns to somewhat normal pretty quickly! Love you!

4. Daniel says:

It looks like an old timey photo from like the 50s or something.

5. Bethany Miller says:

You. look. beautiful. Prego ladies in evening gowns simply are the most lovely!Hope the Lord blesses you with good sleep in all the small and large moments you're able to lay down between now and the arrival of Baby #3.

Wonderful picture! How fun. Do NOT feel guilty for sleeping when you can. You know as well as I do that naps will be few and far between once the new one arrives! Here's to sleep! (I think I'm still a bit sleep deprived, as Greta still wakes up at least once a night!)

#3? Man it has been awhile!

8. Jody says:

I've had 4 kids, 23, 21, 18 and 10,the best advice I ever received, sleep when you can and don't feel guilty about doing that. Your family needs you to be your very best.

Jody, Thanks for the encouragement that I am doing the right thing! You sure have some experience under your belt in this area!:)Anonymous #2, I wish I knew who it is telling me it has been a while!;)

Sorry you're so exhausted. I suppose that it will be just a different sort of exhaustion when the baby arrives. I can remember your being curled up sleeping halfway up the stairs at our house at beechnut Court.Dad