Queen for the Day

For Valentine’s Day this year, Rick pulled out all the stops as usual! I told him I’d rather do something at home this year because I often feel just too tired to go out lately, even for dinner. So, my husband put together a fun afternoon and evening for me. Here’s how it began:

For each little activity along the way, he gave me a card to tell me what was coming. The first card told me I could spend the afternoon in our bedroom relaxing, while he watched the kids and prepared dinner. Now I was not about to argue with that one! I watched a movie and just soaked in the time to veg!;)

I knew dinner was coming next, a delicious pork in pear sauce along with bruschetta, with the promise of my own quiet bath time afterwards while Rick prepared dessert! Candles, bubbles…man, I was so pampered!!

Dessert: fruit and chocolate fondue…do I have to say more? The perfect choice!:)

I just had to take a picture of the bath cause he set it up so pretty for me! I’ve never been to a spa so this felt like an experience!:)

And yes, there was something for everyone…I treated Rick and the kids too but I must say, I think I got the absolute best gift of the day! The bible tells husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church and not just yesterday but everyday, I think my husband follows that command with all his heart! I am the undeserving recipient of this blessing!!!:)

7 Responses to Queen for the Day

Awesome! So glad he spoiled you…good job Rick. oh, love the decorations on your window:)

Yeah! I was saying to Mom that that is EXACTLY what your third-trimester body needed. So glad you had some rest and quiet. And that he gave the kids activities for the day. Sometimes not having to organize everyone is the biggest blessing!Maryanne

Most impressive, Rick…And how lovely for you, Hon! A great day! Mom

4. Jody says:

Very nice, a beautiful Valentine's gift.

5. Steph says:

That's my brother! :-)

You did a masterful job Rick, as usual.Did you get the idea for the candles on the tub from Pedro [Vote for Pedro]?Dad

7. Mom R. says:

What great fun for you, Susanna- what a treat!! Loved-on and pampered!Very creative and loving, Rick. Way to go!