A Little Attitude Adjustment

When your staple jeans of necessity, but definitely not choice, have become like this:

And you feel like you must look like this:

One such as I can easily give in to a rather negative self image. Or, in other words, I am struggling and am envying those around me with slighter figures. I do not handle pregnancy self-image well, no matter what my intentions each time. I admire those women who embrace their changing figures with confidence and grace.

The other day, I came across this verse and really felt God challenging my attitude…

“Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker,
to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
‘What are you making?
Does your work say,
He has no hands?’
Woe to him who says to his father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to his mother,
‘What have you brought to birth?'”
-Isaiah 45:9-10

Basically, I need a little attitude adjustment right now! Woe to me who quarrels with God’s design that with pregnancy comes a growing tummy! I have another little life inside of me…how awesome is that?!

6 Responses to A Little Attitude Adjustment

I think that last month of pregnancy is really hard…because it is the super big stage. Suddenly nothing fits and that's no fun! However, you are always a picture perfect pregnant woman…and soon that tummy will deflate and you'll be too distracted to even think about it! :)

2. Jody says:

Awesome indeed!!!!

It is definitely hard towards the end to remain positive! But yes, take comfort in the fact that it won't last forever and you will have a wonderful little person in place of a big belly!

4. mary says:

It's funny — I always find it easier to have a positive self-image when pregnant than when not. When I'm pregnant, all of my usual flaws and least-favorite parts are hidden by the baby's growth, but when I'm not pregnant, I'm so critical of myself. Enjoy that miracle going on inside of you!!!

Good for you! Love, Mom

6. Alicia says:

Susanna!I loved doing a little catch up on your NY Pregnancy and life from PA! I love your heart… so true, isn't it… that our little woes in life can be such trivial ones when we take a look at what the Lord is doing in us (in your case, what He is LITERALLY doing in you!). :o) There are grander things to think on… I bet stretch marks aren't allowed in Heaven. ;o)Much love to you and your growing family! I miss you Roses, I do! Love,Lesh