Upcoming Sewing Project

Pretty nursing covers…

I have been inspired by Jana, an oh so talented friend from Atlanta, to sew my own nursing cover. She recently sewed one for herself. After comparing prices, I figured why buy one when I can make my own for a fraction of the price AND pick my own material? So, I have enlisted the help of Trish, a friend from church, and she and I are going to try getting this project off the ground in a few weeks! Though I haven’t learned how to use it for myself yet, Mom Rose gave me a brand new Singer sewing machine a few years ago so I’m all ready to go!

I write about these plans mainly to be held accountable! I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH THIS GOAL! Ask me about it if you want…we hope to begin on March 28th!

Here’s to upcoming sewing success and the chicest nursing cover around!;) I’m sure every nursing mother can attest to the fact that a good nursing cover is essential and makes life a lot easier!!!

6 Responses to Upcoming Sewing Project

1. helms family says:

I ordered you a gorgeous one! Mom is bringing you when she visits. But, you could always make another one, might be an easy project.

That is a great idea to make your own nursing cover and a perfect first project. I can tell the pregnancy nesting urge is starting to kick in for you!

3. Julie says:

I've made several in the last few months, and not only are they cute and practical, but easy to construct. I don't know how I nursed 3 kiddos without it.

Oh wow Maryanne! That is so thoughtful of you! Thank you! Well…I still want to sew something but perhaps I should work on some other fairly simple baby project now that I have a nursing cover coming!:)Ladies, any suggestions on other simple baby projects I could try??:)

The one Maryanne is sending you is called udder covers…hehe. I just had to add that. I saw it sitting at mom's house and giggled. Anyhow can't wait to see how yours turns out! You can keep on in the diaper bag and one at home for when you have people over:)

Hey! Good for you! Mom