Another New York Baby

Belly meets New York Skyline!!!;)

Last week, Rick and i did my favorite of all New York City excursions…we went to Ellis Island. This is my third or fourth time now but I never tire of this little trip back to the past when immigrants from around the world flocked to this great city. On the ferry, I can imagine how those arriving on great steam ships felt for the first time as they looked down at the great waters around them which greeted them at the end of their voyage. At Lady Liberty in front of them…the very same beautiful statue we see!

And then, once we arrived at Ellie Island, we were walking down by the water and Rick got this belly shot in front of the Manhattan skyline. I find it a powerful statement that this is, truly, another New York baby! We have made it here as a family for almost 3 years now and for as long as God calls us to be here, our growing family will be part of a city of such rich history!

Pictures 3 & 4 taken at Ellie Island Museum…

11 Responses to Another New York Baby

Must be a boy. The photo background is predominantly blue and so are the stripes on your blouse. I normally charge for my analyses, but this one is gratis.Dad

Do you realize you have called it Ellie island in your post…Hard to leave the kids behind, isn't it?…In any case, we must go there one of these visits. Mom

3. Jody says:

Great pictures. Reminds me of my first born who is in the Middle East fighting for the same freedom the immigrants came to the US to enjoy.

Cute belly!!!!

5. Anna says:

I loved visiting Ellis Island a long time ago. I love New York, too. It's so exciting that you're getting close to meeting #3!

MOm, I DID call it Ellie Island! Baby brain at it's fullest!!! Ha! Ha! That is too funny!:)

7. Andria says:

I love that photo Susanna! You look great! I think your belly is smaller than mine at 27 weeks – yikes! :)

8. maryanne says:

come home. no more nyc babies!

9. mary says:

GORGEOUS photos!!!

Ha ha, I will second Mary Anne's comment. Would love to enjoy the grandbabies more often and at a closer distance!! :) (Wouldn't have said it but she started it! :))And yes, Ellie Island is a must see in NY.Mom R.

Ok Susanna, you're contagious. I said "Ellie Island" too. She's just so adorable we have her on our mind.Mom R.