Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Yesterday Micah and I went out for an afternoon “date.” Just me and him while my mom looked after Ellie. First he tore around the playground for a while, making a little friend named Nigel along the way, and then we went to Barnes and Nobles. I told Micah I’d get him a book and in keeping with Micah’s love for letters and letter sounds, he chose this book and cd, entitled “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.”

It is interesting when you see your child enamored with certain things. For Micah, it is music, singing, the alphabet and letters. He knows all his uppercase letters, lowercase letters and letter sounds like the back of his hand because he simply loves to go over them again and again. It is fun for him.

Anyways, we haven’t listened to the cd that adjoins the book yet but it should be cute. I’m excited to see how Micah likes it! I think it is read to music so perhaps we’ll have to bring out his shaker toys to play along!:)

7 Responses to Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

I have that book and cannot wait for Cora to understand what it says:)

2. helms family says:

i think that kids books are some of the best art-work out there, for such an affordable price.

3. Kate says:

Hey Susanna! Your boy's got good taste! That book is a solid staple in our kindergarten and 1st grade classes.

4. Shannon says:

Finally posted on my blog. I'm so happy that you were able to spend some mother-son time with Micah :)

He sure is an enthusiastic little guy – fun to introduce concepts to…Mom

6. Rick Rose says:

Let's not mince words – he's brilliant!! In my totally unbiased opinion. =)

7. Julie says:

It's a favorite here, too…that is until a certain one took it to be one night and one entired cornered was chewed off by the next morning (I think that was during son #2's woodchuck stage).