Total Reliance

Our 3 Musketeers… Doesn’t my hubby capture the best pictures?

When you ask me how I’m doing the last few days, it is a roller coaster of responses. One moment, I might say “great!” The next I might be feeling freaked out. What really scares me is looking onto next week when Rick goes back to work. What will it be like to step into solo parenting, three at home to care for and tend to, a newborn who needs to be nursed often. Breastfeeding alone, despite it’s obvious benefits, also poses challenges as both my arms are taken up in those moments that other little beings want my love and attention. I am trying to be creative, thinking of ways to cuddle with them while nursing but it is a challenge!

So, at the end of the day, I am faced with me or God. Will I be able to do it? Most definitely NO! NO, in my own “power” or strength, I have nothing to offer save a brief few moments of strength that will then quickly start toppling down as me ends.

Total reliance on my creator. Total reliance on the one who made us in His image to live for Him. Please remind me dear family and friends that this is my answer…HIM. Cause, I am scared, I am not feeling brave right now.

“I need You Jesus! I need You Jesus! I need clean hands, I CAN’T, YOU CAN, I need You Jesus!”

13 Responses to Total Reliance

1. kate says:

God WILL give you the strength. He did it for me with Levi and I really didnt think I could do it. I remember feeling like I might panic when Dave would leave for work in the morning.I have two dieas for you:1. ASk friends from church and outside for help. I was ashamed to ask at first but when I did everything was so mauch better. And people were actually really excited to be serving me.2. Try getting you kids to bring you book while you are nursing. |that way you can read to them while the cuddle next to you and you still have together time. It works for Matthew most of the time.I am praying for you.

My heart is with you, dear friend and I will be praying for you.

3. Bonnie Lyons says:

You're in my thoughts and prayers, although I know God will sustain you. As for that top picture, you should definitely enter it into a photo contest – it's a winner!

4. maryanne says:

Praying for you tonight as always! The kids keep asking us to pray for the new baby. And I know your life well enough now to pray a good bit for Mommy too!

I think you will find – to your surprise – you are really a very strong person,…I mean in the right way, in Christ….And that will be good for you. Love, Mom

Oh, such a sweet family. Amelia does not look like a newborn…guess cause you pop them out so fast…not time to get squashed. Will be praying for you…I know you'll be able to do it but I know it'll be a tough transition…but then like everything, you won't even remember being just four!

7. Shannon says:

Your kids are beautiful!! I can't wait to meet Amelia!

8. Jody says:

Congratulations. I've been away this week, so I missed the birth of your sweet baby. Yes, total reliance upon our great God who bends down to help us with the smallest of tasks. Although taking care of three children is no small task. God will be with you, He was with me and still is as I mothered 3 children very close in age. God bless to your entire family.

9. Rachel E. Hughes says:

Beautiful picture your husband took of your three musketeers! ;) And you chose such a beautiful name, Amelia. May God sustain you next week and the weeks to come as you love and enjoy your three blessings,even in the midst of exhaustion…He can give perfect peace and joy!

10. mary says:

My 3 are similarly close in age to yours — when #2 and #3 were born, I saved a basket of toys that were reserved for nursing time only — kept on a top closet shelf until it was time to breastfeed, and I rotated what was in the basket from time to time. I would also station myself in one bedroom, have the older 2 kids come sit with me, and then close the door while I was nursing, so they couldn't get into trouble in other parts of the house unsupervised. Great time for reading books, working on puzzles, and playing with "new" toys. Hang in there!!!

11. Julie says:

I second all the responses you have received: read & feed, closing a door for safety & peace of mind.I would add, though, DO THE BARE MINIMUM, even if it means take-out or sandwiches or grabbing clean clothes out of the dryer. It can take a while to feel comfortable juggling all that a household requires, but this is only a page in the saga of your life.Enjoy your beautiful blessings!

12. Lulu says:

Sweetest photo of all 3 (!!!) kids ever! :) I'll be praying for you, Susanna, and all I can say is I find myself singing that same song with just 1 kid! Love you guys and I'm next door if you ever need anything!!!

I love those dreamy out of focus eyes. I always wonder what they are thinking as they take in thos incomprehensible world. She already seems to be responding to her siblings.Dad