A Bulwark Never Failing

I want to bare testimony to the fact today that God has been so good to us this week, strengthening me throughout each day to carry out the tasks of motherhood in this new season. The keys have been remembering He is my strength…I am not equipped on my own to do this job He has called me too…and finding encouragement through morning devotions with my husband.

It has not been an easy week by any means. Micah gave me a surprise run for my money Monday and Tuesday, more unusual for him to act out these days. Ellie has actually taken on the role of the “naughty one” lately!;) Amelia has been having latching issues at night so sleep has been difficult for me as, for the last few nights, each night feeding has been a lengthily affair. But, I have sensed God’s presence each day. He has assured me that He will not abandon me.

Other means of encouragement have come through the community surrounding us through our church. Friends have been visiting, providing us with meals and letting me know through emails that we are loved and thought of. This has meant so much to me!

And then, this little note below left on Facebook Tuesday was a gift in itself. My father-in-law (aka dad Rose:) left a status update about a Wayne Watson song entitled “Somewhere in this World,” a song about a parent’s prayer that their child would find a godly spouse. Mom Rose then left this for me:

“For those of you who don’t know the song- it’s a prayer for your little boy’s future wife. Yep, we prayed for you Susanna- way back when Rick was very little. And here you are- Rick’s godly wife. Praise God for His faithfulness. And now, I’m praying for Micah’s future wife (and Ellie and Amelia’s future husband), Wow, time flies by!”

Let’s just say I choked up when I read this. To know I was prayed for like this left me so humbled. And I was praying for Rick as well that whole time, since I was a young girl…amazing!

So, in conclusion, God has been very good to me, to us. “A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark NEVER failing!”:)

7 Responses to A Bulwark Never Failing

1. Becca says:

My mom used that song in a slide show she made for my oldest brother and sister-in-law's rehearsal dinner! :) So glad you are being encouraged and cared for by all!

Even though I'm not in the thick of newborn-hood right now this really encouraged me. It must be in the air, but I have had a really tough last couple of days with Vivian too, and it's been soo long since she's acted out like that. Anyway, when I read your post I thought, well if you can make it through this week with two toddlers and a newborn and remain encouraged, then I definitely have no excuse!

3. Anna says:

Aw, Susanna, thank you for this testimony. It is so encouraging to read about your reliance on God in the midst of having 3 littles, including a newborn.

4. Danelle says:

what a God glorifying post. Thanks for sharing your heart Susanna. I look forward to meeting you one day, somehow.

You only know how faithful God is through having to rely on him in situations of duress…SO glad you are learning of his love up close and personal! Mom

So glad to hear that you are feeling encouraged! proud of you!

7. Jody says:

Praise God for his faithfulness to you. As God brings you to mind I have been praying for your emotional well being as well, I know what can happen to our emotions after our precious babies are born. You are blessed to have such a wonderful family.