Postpartum Running Log, Week 1

Last Saturday marked 6 weeks postpartum and I “celebrated” by going for a run…my first run in almost a year! Anyways, I decided I am going to run at least 2 or 3 times a week from here on out and keep a running log on my blog each Friday. I’m starting off with slow, easy runs of about 25 minutes in length. I’ll increase my time as my endurance improves.

Combined with all the walking I do living life in a walking everywhere city and workout videos I attempt to fit into my week, I will have a lot of physical fitness worked into my week.

Running, Week 1 (Saturday, May 29th – Friday, June 4th)

1. Saturday, ran 25 minutes…felt surprisingly good

2. Tuesday, ran 25 minutes…started off feeling good but, due to the heat, felt awful by the end

3. Thursday, ran 20 minutes in the evening. It felt good to run in the cool, night air but won’t do this often for safety’s sake.
*Goal for tomorrow: to get up and meet up with local running group at 8am. We’ll see!;)

Dear readers: any other runners out there want to share your tips on how you motivate yourself to get out the door? Any motivating songs I should put on my ipod?

7 Responses to Postpartum Running Log, Week 1

Good for you!

2. Miriam says:

I love working out to "Motion" by Plumb. Also, one of my coworkers uses Hillsong for a lot of her warm-ups.

3. Anna says:

I have never been much of a runner until a couple of years ago when I did the couch to 5K running program… I eventually was able to run 30 minutes straight, which was a big accomplishment for me. I would like to do that again but it is hard to find the time! Like Grace said, good for you!I love to work out to Christian rap like Lecrae, Trip Lee, Flame, etc.

Miriam and Anna, Thanks for the playlist suggestions! These are new to me which is nice…it would be great to have a change from the music I usually listen to!:)

Good job. I'm proud of you! Mom

I'm glad you're back to running, a good stress reliever.Dad

7. Shannon says:

Running is a great stress release and it's great time for you. I love having great new music that i love to listen to :) having run/race goal is good too. Plan on a 5km charity run to help motivate you.