PostPartum Running Log, Week 2

Last Friday, I said that every Friday I would log the amount of running I do each week. Well, this week I did not get as many runs in as I wanted to but I ran longer both runs and figured out something along the way: I feel stronger and run faster when I keep my head up and fairly continuously keep my gaze straight ahead rather than looking to the right or left. Looking around distracts me from remembering what I am seeking to accomplish. That’s biblical too, right?:) Proverbs 4:27 says:

“Above all else guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.”

Don’t you love how even something like running can become a worshipful experience when you let it?:)

Here are this week’s scant results:

Running, Week 2 (Saturday, June 5th – Friday, June 11th)

1. Saturday, ran 3 miles with a Brooklyn running group that meets up each Saturday morning. We ran from Prospect Park to the Brooklyn Bridge, crossing over the bridge into Manhattan once we got there. It was an awesome, stamina testing run but man, did I feel it!

2. Tuesday, ran 2.5 miles. It felt great and I really got my day off to a more relaxed pace.
3. 3 half hour workouts via exercise videos…

*Goal for next week: To run with running group at Prospect Park again tomorrow and to log at least three days of running!
Can I do it?:)

7 Responses to PostPartum Running Log, Week 2

Looks GOOD to me, not pathetic! Love, Mom

You're doing great. Whenever I am about to die I find myself saying "you can do it..common on" I cheer myself on. I must look crazy but it works:)

3. Shannon says:

You can definitely do it!!! Yay!!

4. SYK says:

wow this is impressive! go susanna! :)

I think it's a healthy endeavor running with that group. It allows you to step out of your routine for a couple of hours which I am sure is refreshing, depsite the physical strain.Dad

6. Franci says:

Wow! Amelia is only 8 weeks and you're doing crazy stuff like this. I haven't run in years (and it shows! :-))

7. Julia M. says:

It's great to keep up with your family through this blog Susanna. Thank you for continuing to write it. You truly ARE my inspiration!!