Apple Picking

Last Monday, Rick had the day off.  Our generous neighbor’s let us borrow their car.  It was our perfect opportunity to go apple picking for the second year in a row at Applewood Orchard in Warwick, New York!

Apple picking has become our new favorite fall tradition.  There is nothing like biting into a fresh, crisp apple picked from a tree by your own hands…such a satisfying experience.   We picked two bags full.

Afterwords, we ate cinnamon-apple donuts, drank cider, fed some sheep and watched a marionette show on the premises.

For dinner, we stopped at Cracker Barrel and, while eating, the waitress kept taking note of our adorable children.  I replied that we are very blessed.  “I can tell you guys feel blessed,” she said sweetly.

I feel blessed beyond anything I could ever deserve…thank you God for such a perfect day and…for delicious apples galore! :)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Apple Picking

1. Megha says:

Looks like you had beautiful weather! Do you think you’ll make anything with the apples?

Ellie is so adorable in that top picture! I love her pig-tails. So glad you guys got to get out of the city for a day and make some great family memories.

3. Mom R. says:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Cute pictures.

4. Anna says:

Those are beautiful pictures! I love the one of Ellie crying for Micah’s apple (so realistic), and the bottom one of you with Micah and Ellie… you look so pretty. Looks like a fun time.

5. Susanna says:

Megha, I want to make some apple jam, apple pies and something I saw the other day in a magazine…apple nachos! Apples thinly sliced and put on a baking sheet with caramel and different things sprinkled on top! The kids will love the! Yummm!:)

You all look amazing…as usual. So glad Ellie is letting you put her hair in pigtails. Love the “Ellie is screaming and doesn’t want this picture” face that Rick is making. Cora has the same dress Amelia is wearing…yay for Target:)