Halloween, 2010

This year, we scrounged some costumes together from things we had lying around and made it a more simple Halloween then in the past few years!  Micah became a cowboy of sorts, Ellie a ballerina princess (although she would not wear her crown;), and Amelia was a duck just as Micah was as a baby!  We did some trick or treating on our own and then met up with our dear friends from New Zealand, Ben and Franci Hoyt, in their neck of the woods.  There, together with their daughters, Marica and Esther, we did some more trick or treating and then rounded the evening off with a delicious dinner.  I must mention the heavenly pumpkin cake Franci made for dessert…I am salivating right now just thinking about it!

The most memorable event of the evening?  Probably when Ellie tried to enter a mosque we passed along the way to do some trick or treating.  One can only imagine what she might  have been given there if she had gone inside…

It was a long day with church activities through much of the day, no naps and then Halloween…our troops had a major melt down last night as we left Ben and Franci’s apartment…but it was a good day and fortunately, despite all the candy in their bellies, they slept soundly!

Now comes the fun part of rationing the candy to two little junk food fiends!;)

I love my little cowboy…who so proudly put his shoes on himself…can you tell?;)

Halloween NYC style…get candy in stores and restaurants instead of going door to door.

The happiest little duckling around!

The Hoyt girl s will give us some smiles.  The Rose troops last night…not so much!  From left to right:  Esther (11 months), Marica (3 1/2), Amelia (6 months), Micah (4) and Ellie (2).

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Halloween, 2010

1. Megha says:

The kids are so cute! You were smart to piece together costumes at home – it is crazy how much a new costume costs!

They are all so precious!!! Love it.

3. Franci Hoyt says:

Cute! You got some good shots! We enjoyed sharing the experience with you lot.

It’s Marica with a ‘c’, btw. :-)

4. Susanna says:

Hey Franci,

I just love to be creative with name spellings, lol! For all those people back who have spelled my name Suzanne, Suzanna, Suzannah, Suzaana, etc!!!;)

Sorry Marica girl!!!:)

5. glad it was a fun night!!!

6. Franci says:

I love that photo of Amelia sleeping in your arms. All sorts of funny puns come to mind. :-)

7. Loved the pictures! The kids were all cute and loved Amelia’s duckling costume!

Oh my goodness. The cuteness abounds!

9. Great photos, especially the line-up on the couch!

(This is Ben’s cousin writing.)

10. Cute Cute Cute. I love all of the pictures you have posted of Halloween. I couldn’t stop giggling at the picture of all the kiddos on the couch, lined up neatly, sitting side by side. Then, there is Amelia lying on top in her cute little duck costume, almost like a cherry on top of an ice cream sundae. So cute. I’m glad that you had a great Halloween. Next year maybe I’ll see about making it a NYC Halloween as well! That would be so much fun.

Thanks for posting the photos….

12. Susanna says:

Thank you everyone and thank you Hannah for stopping by! Any friend or relative of Franci’s is very, very welcome here!!!:)

13. Anne says:

That, I think, is the cutest cowboy I’ve ever seen!