Edible Experiments

I’ve been trying my hand at several varied edible conquests in the kitchen lately! Making my own apple pie crust (I’ve always resorted to buying pre-made crusts in the past), vegetable samosas using filo pastry, cheese muffins, Halloween sugar cookies, and…the kid’s new favorite treat…apple nachos!  A combination of sliced apples, chocolate chips, gummi bears, caramel sauce and chocolate sauce!  Yum!

Here’s a picture rundown…I get nervous posting this sort of thing so be nice please! ;)  The pictures may not do the food justice, but everything really did turn out tasting quite yummy if I do say so myself!

1.  Apple Nachos

2.  Cheese Muffins

3.  Apple Pie

4.  Vegetable Samosas

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Edible Experiments

I love kitchen experimentation, especially when it’s a success. A pie crust is still on my conquest list, I’m afraid to admit!

Wow! It all looks great…the pie crust…quite the challenge! You can always make all of the above when we visit:)

3. Rick says:

It’s all been REALLY yummy! keep it up =)

4. looks great. fall always makes me want to cook more. the weather cooling just makes food look and taste better. glad to see you pouring yourself into your home and family!

That is incredible! How did I get such talented kids?

6. Boy oh boy does that ever look great. I have been so bad at trying new recipes and i find when i do, i enjoy cooking so much more. Your crust looks perfect and those natchos… what a great idea. And I love samosas and phyllo so i bet that was just amazing.

7. So I just ate breakfast and I’m already hungry again just looking at all these scrumptious treats!

8. Franci says:

Hmmmmmm, that all looks so good! Recipes, please!

9. Name says:

They all look so delicious but especially the pies. Can’t wait to visit again.

Dad