Amelia is coming home

Sometime on Thursday Amelia should be discharged to come home. We’ll still have a long road ahead though. Tube feeding will continue from home for a few months, we will have lots of follow up doctor visits, early intervention therapy from home, feeding therapy, etc. But we are very thankful that we can all be at home again and begin some semblance of life and routine.

We got the MRI results today and there was nothing particularly alarming, no major issues or deformities. That is very good news. The only thing they saw was she is a bit behind on the development of [I forget the name, I'll have to fill in later], but again nothing major.

The doctors are satisfied that through the tube feeding so far we’ve shown that when Amelia receives enough calories she is able to gain weight (she’s gained a bit over a pound already).

Things you can continue to pray for: 1) that Amelia will learn to eat well despite the tube feeding keeping her full. 2) for us, especially Susanna, handling the follow up demands on top of continuing to parent Micah and Ellie. 3) for financial provision and wisdom.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Amelia is coming home

Praying for you guys…so glad she’s coming home.

2. Jen says:

YEAH!!! What wonderful news! God is good! Praying now that you can easily settle into a routine with sweet Amelia and very soon the feeding tube will be a distant memory. Praying God’s richest blessings on your sweet family!

3. Finally you can all be at home again. I will offer whatever support I can. Do you need me to come down and help out?

4. Megha says:

What a blessing that she is coming home, and that the MRI results are positive! Ari and I will pray for the strength, wisdom and provision you need as you care for three little ones, all with unique needs, as Amelia continues healing.

We are and we will….Mom

6. Micah says:

Praying for sweet little Amelia to continue to grow! We will be praying for God’s provision and wisdom to be poured out on you as well! Love you guys!

7. Great that she’s coming home. I’ll continue to pray.

8. Mom R. says:

Great news!
    Love to you all!

9. jchallies says:

Well, praise God. That is good news about the MRI and Amelia coming home. It does sound as if you are going to be very busy trying to keep weight on her.

Dad

10. Maud says:

I am glad to hear Amelia is out of hospital now. Wishing you a Happy New Year and all the energy and help you need.
    Best wishes,
    Maud

11. Susanna says:

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers throughout this time! We are so thankful for all of you!

Shannon, I am so touched you would offer to come and help us out! I will be in touch with you!:)

12. YAY!!!! I am praying for the next few weeks when your hands are full adjusting to the new pace. Thanksful she is home and well. Love you!