Life Carries On

Life, beautiful life…

Amelia took her feeding tube out Saturday again (unfortunately an all too regular occurrence) and so before it was put back in, we got some pictures of her pretty little face!  These pictures make my heart so glad!

Two weeks ago, me, myself and I took the train from Grand Central Station to a little town called Irvington, NY to judge a homeschooling speech/debate competition.  I enjoyed every minute of the little excursion and made the most of the chance to browse some of the stores in Grand Central as well as read on the train and of course, judging was fun!  It was a  much needed break from the normal!  I learned that some youth are very good at giving impromptu speeches.  I learned that it is very hard to judge 8 students who have all given very good impromptu speeches but yet not all can be rated as first place!  And I learned that being the sole judge of a debate between two passionate, gifted highschool seniors is stressful!  I had to be on my game because they were sure on theirs!

As you can see, I gave in and did what everyone else is doing…I bought an item that says, “Keep Calm and Carry On.”  I love the Union Jack in the background of this notebook cover.  It gives it a unique look.

Amelia fell asleep in my arms tonight…nothing better than having her fuzzy little head against my face!

____________________

And lastly, a quote for my recent thoughts in this difficult season of life we’re in.  It’s my way and failure or God’s way and self-control…

“But, oh! I am so selfish, and it is so hard to practice the very law of love I preach to my children! Yet I want this law to rule and reign in my home, that it may be a little heaven below, and I will not, no, I will not, cease praying that it may be such, no matter what it costs me.”

~From Stepping Heavenward, by Elizabeth Prentiss

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Life Carries On

That pastry looks amazing. Glad you had a little time to yourself…must have been stressful being the judge! Amelia is precious as are the other two!

2. Wow! i did not know you had gone away by yourself for the day. Keep on journaling! Record God’s amazing acts in your life. Look back in a year and you will see how He has led. I love you, and agree that Amelia is indeed, beautiful!

That is so sweet, the three of them lying there in bed! Is Micah pretending to be asleep? Sweet moments for sure. So glad you got some time away to yourself! What a treat. There’s something so exciting about train stations, isn’t there?! I miss that one!

4. Franci Hoyt says:

I adored the photos in this post! You got some really sweet ones of the kids.

Keep Calm and Carry On… that’s life, isn’t it? And yet we need reminding all the time!

5. The pictures of the kids are beautiful! You should frame those. I’m glad to hear that you managed to get out on a little adventure! That’s great!

6. jchallies says:

Its so pleasing to see pretty Amelia without her wretched tube. All your little’uns are so handsome/pretty.

Dad

7. Such cute pictures! Glad you could get away for a day!

Love, love, love those little ones! Mom

9. Rick says:

Always fun an (off peak) train ride up the Hudson, a book, and some pastry

10. Jody Gates says:

The adventure of being a mother has been what God has used in my life to sanctify me, to make me more like him. Being the mother of 4 who 3 are now young adults and the youngest is 11, it has been the hardest thing I have done, but by far the most rewarding. Press on and cling to our Lord.

11. Beautiful pictures of the kids.