3 Days to Go!

The last three days have seen us reach two exciting progressions…first, Amelia drank 21ozs from the bottle on Sunday (her new record) AND, not only has Amelia’s weight stayed stable this week but she was an bit heavier Sunday night than she was Saturday night!  I know, I know…it’s just an ounce…but what it means to us is success and a clear sign that her body is absorbing the nutrition she is taking in despite her less than perfect feeding skills.  She’s a different baby, clearly enjoying life without the feeding tube and with her new found, burgeoning crawling skills, the world has openned up for Amelia.  She’s ready to EXPLORE!

Now it looks like our most pressing prayer needs are still that her ability to suck and swallow would continue to improve.  She still puts her thumb in her mouth after every gulp from the bottle as a swallowing aid.  Thankfully, less formula is dribbling out her mouth now than last week and her feedings are taking less time…she’s learning!

Three days left and we’ll see what the G.I. doctor thinks.

Oh, and Amelia is thankful for your prayers as much as we are!:)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to 3 Days to Go!

1. Megha says:

What an awesome report! Praise God! And she looks like such a happy, healthy little girl in this photo – wonderful to see her without her tubes in! :)

Yay!!!!! We love that precious little baby. Praying this morning. She sure looks as happy as can be!

3. Becca K. says:

An oz .in a day is GREAT! I’m so thankful for the wonderful growth! :)

4. Micah Green says:

That is awesome! We are continuing to pray for Amelia’s growth-and for the entire family! We love you all!

5. Kara Sundar says:

Praise the Lord! I am praying for Amelia during my afternoon snack.

6. Jane Frye says:

She looks wonderful! So thankful Amelia is getting stronger daily! Power of prayer.

7. Brenda says:

Praying for you all today. When we all slumber and sleep God is there! Psalm 121 ~ We are privileged to know an awesome God! Wishing you blessings for the week.

8. Oh, we love you, Amelia! Today is my second Monday to pray at each meal for you. And your cousins and Uncle Pat pray for you each and every night. You are a loved little girl!

9. Lulu says:

Wonderful news!! Praying!!! :)

10. Susanna says:

Thank you all!!!!

11. Franci says:

This is WONDERFUL news! I bet she’s just so happy to have that tube out that food is suddenly more appealing again! I pray that the upward trend will continue.

12. Great news! She’s looking very well too!

13. j challies says:

Her face looks fatter for sure. 21 ozs. That’s great news and a confirmation of God’s faithfulness.

Dad

14. Aileen says:

I’m so excited!!!! What good news! Praise the Lord.

15. Praise God for his power!/ Amelia is so beautiful and I am so happy to hear of the success. We will continue to pray that she would swallow better and better and thst weight gain would be constant and consistant.

Love to all of you

That is absolutely wonderful! The Lord is faithful. We will continue to pray!

17. So happy to hear that she is improving. I’ve been so worried about her and you guys!!

18. Every oz gained counts. I know how that feels.