Day 10: Our Faithful God

I think you could call every minute of this 10 day feeding run with Amelia a complete success and I know it is ALL because of the prayers of so many and of the faith of so many that God is INDEED FAITHFUL!  That He is who He says He is yesterday, today and forever!

Today, our biggest praises are these:

1.  We found the perfect sippy cup for Amelia, a Nuby one (see above picture) and lo and behold, she is taking in the formula without dribbling and is swallowing better!  Something wasn’t working with the bottle but this sippy cup is definitely the charm for her and we are so thankful because now her intake is more substantial.   We had to cut a tinybit into the nozzle to make the liquid come out more easily as her sucking is still not there and that was all that was needed.  I would suggest this sippy cup to anyone dealing with issues similar to ours!

2.  Amelia has sustained her weight throughout the 10 days.  She has not gained but she has not lost either and we know it is only up hill from here as she learns to improve in her eating and drinking skills so we are THANKFUL for her weight stability alone!

3. She’s becoming more active and interactive with her environment every day, proof that she is getting all the nutrition she needs.

I wanted to share a bit about this ingenius dispensing spoon that I found at Target the other day.  Not only does Amelia love the Plum baby food but then it also comes with the dispensing spoon you simply attach to the tip of the feeding sack.  No bowls needed.  And it’s fun for the child to be able to squeeze the sack and see the food come out into the tip of the spoon…

Oh, I do love a good product invention!:)

Well, our youngest is happy and thriving…we do not take any of this for granted!  At tomorrow’s G.I. visit, we pray the doctor will see all that we see and be encouraged.  That we would have the courage and heart to tell him about all the people who have prayed for Amelia and that we would give our God the glory!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Day 10: Our Faithful God

Joining with you and Rick in prayer these past 10 days and seeing what God can do has really encouraged me as well! I am so excited to see how God is going to continue his work in Amelia. Those are wonderful tools you found!

2. Becca K. says:

I know a lot of people who love the Nuby sippy cups. Love how God led you to just the thing that will help her keep and swallow more nourishment! I’ll be praying for the GI appt. tomorrow!

3. Betty says:

Praise the Lord! We will continue to pray!

4. Yay! :) I saw something kind of similar to that spoon at Walmart last night… only you just fill it with baby food from jars or whatever…

They had a couple of different colours…

5. Tell him! It’s your story and it’s a beautiful one. I know it’s been a joy for me to hear…I love you guys so much!

6. Micah Green says:

This is wonderful! We are rejoicing with you and are continuing to pray that Amelia will grow and grow! Much love from the Green’s!

7. Aren’t those Nuby cups wonderful? I now it made a big difference for the boys transitioning from bottles to sippy cups.

8. Aren’t those Nuby cups wonderful? I know it made a big difference for the boys transitioning from bottles to sippy cups.

I will have to try out those spoons, it should help with having snacks for the boys on the go.

Praise God. I am so happy to read this!

10. Kim Vinson says:

So glad to hear the wonderful news! What a blessing and praise be to God!

!!! Let us know asap how the doctor’s visit goes….

12. Lulu says:

Such great great great news!!! :) Praise God for His care for Ameila!

13. Franci says:

This is such happy and wonderful news! Yes, let us know what the G.I. doc said. We’re praying that the G-tube will not be necessary!

14. I’m so sorry that I didn’t comment on this post yesterday. Only read it today but praise God for this wonderful news! Hope the G.I. appt. went well today. Will continue to pray for Amelia and I’ll try to talk with you this weekend.

15. Susanna says:

Thanks Andrew! I’m so glad you are such a concerned uncle!

Love you!

16. jill says:

Hi :) I am just a random visitor to your page. I searched for “nuby sippy cups” and found your site. We, too, have loved the nuby. But, I was pleased, beyond the nuby info, to read about your faith, God’s provisions to your family, and your faithfulness in giving him glory. Blessings.