5ive

My boy turns five today. Five is the age where my own memories become clear, and I realize the buffer given to parents to work out the kinks of parenting is over. The buffer of a few years to make mistakes and know your child wont even remember. And yet the time spent, the energy invested, the fun things experienced –  it is also questionable if he will even remember those – until now. I hope to fill that memory with many good times and rich life experiences. I hope he will recall me as a good father who above all passed on a godly heritage.

Micah, I love you so much. My first born, my daddy’s boy. You are a studious worker and eager learner. You have your mother’s tender and perceptive heart toward others, with the strength of love and encouragement. You fulfill the duel roles of an older brother well of protecting your sisters in their weakness… and teasing and making their lives interesting in their strength!

I’m so happy to have another male in the family and to be reaching the ages for father-son baseball games and camping trips. Later the art of the power tool and mechanics. And sci-fi films that your mother and sisters will say “ugh, I don’t get it.”

I pray for you a strong and deep seated faith, a great love for God, wisdom, a biblical worldview, knowledge of biblical theology, an uncommon character and integrity, freedom from fear, doubt and uncertainty. May God grant me the wisdom to guide you on that path. And may God give grace in the areas I fall short that you would not repeat my sinful patterns.

Happy Birthday Micah!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to 5ive

I absolutely adore that little boy. This post made me tear up as I hate missing his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAH! WE LOVE YOU and are so proud of the little man you are becoming!!!!!!!!

2. Oh, happy birthday Micah! I pray he becomes a man…like Micah in the Old Testament. Show mercy. Love justice. Walk humbly with God. That is how I pray for him.

Happy birthday, our Micah!!! Rick, May you be all of the above, and may he be as well…Wonderful desires and we pray for them daily.

Rick, I tried to leave a message and didn’t go through…Want to say Happy Birthday to our Micah…May you both become all that you desire…We pray for ir daily.

5. j challies says:

God has blessed you with Micah, and so he has blessed Micah with a godly dad.

Beba

6. Happy birthday Micah! Wish I could be there to celebrate with you. Will try to call later.

Happy Birthday, Micah! You are becoming such a wonderful little man. We miss your smiling face.

8. angela p says:

what a sweet sweet post, well said dad! and happy birthday to micah! the pictures are suuuper precious.

9. Melissa says:

Happy Birthday Micah! And hope you all stay safe during the approaching storm. I’m in Ohio thinking of you folks out there including my relatives in Germantown, Maryland.

10. Sandy Rose says:

How can I add to what’s already been said? I agree with it all. I love you Micah, and you will always hold a special place in my heart – my first grandson. And to my firstborn son – I love you so much too, and I’m so proud of you as I now watch you parent.
    Happy Birthday Micah!