Schooling & God's Grace

Our school year has gotten off to an amazing start…much better than I had envisioned as it is often my habit to envision the worst possible scenarios in life.  I guess this has become my protection mechanism to save me from feeling too disappointed if things don’t work out the way I want them to. But, by the grace of God and His grace only, homeschooling has proven to be an extremely rewarding journey so far and we are keeping up with the work the curriculum sets out for us each day.

While Micah does formal school, Ellie does different activities or plays in the room and fortunately, Amelia has been taking her morning nap during during school time so all the different facets of how to work each child into the day have figured themselves out.  Micah is enjoying every subject so far and Ellie loves to write on the chalk board, pretending she is a teacher!   It is adorable to watch her jump into a little lecture about something random such as animals or letters.  Everything is a line to her still so she’ll say she is going to draw an elephant and then draw a big line!;)

When Amelia is awake, she is busy, busy, busy!  Her favorite little fetish right now is putting on hair bands.  She began doing this a few weeks ago but instead of putting them on correctly, they end up looking like little halos!  I guess a halo is appropriate…well…sometimes anyways!

And Micah is all about Superman right now so when he puts forth a particularly good amount of effort, sounding out a difficult word until he gets it right or something like that, I give him a Superman sticker and this makes him a happy boy!

One week in and we are having fun!  I hope these pictures give a little glimpse into our day for those who care and please know I am not posting pictures to “show off” what we are doing but merely because many of those dear to us are far away and this is my only means to keep everyone up to date.

Have a good weekend!

Beautiful hair bows given to us as a gift from the very talented Cynthia Pegram.  She sells her hand-made hair accessories at

Doesn’t she look like a cherub?:)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Schooling & God's Grace

1. Shirley Rose says:

Good job to all, including the teacher.

You look busy! Glad it is going well. Cora does the same thing with headbands and when she does get them the right way they then sit over her ears.

3. Oh, good job! I know you will do excellently. God did not make you patient for nothing!

I will continue to think of any neat resources too…looks like you are finding great things so far….

Congratulations on a new and exciting school year!

Looks so fun and everyone seems to be fitting in a groove. Glad everything is going so smoothly!

5. Susanna says:

Thanks Maryanne…resources are ALWAYS welcome!!!!:)

6. Mom R. says:

Thanks for the pictures, I loved seeing “school”. Looks like everyone was having so much fun. I’m sure you’ll do a great job!
    Love to all. Mom R., aka Grandma

So glad the kids are doing well, that you are enjoying the double -function of mom and teacher.,.Keep us up to date!

8. Looks like they’re having fun being homeschooled!
    A really cute picture of Amelia too!

9. Franci says:

Wow, I’m only now catching up on emails and blog reading and you’ve inspired me! I really need to get a good school routine worked out, at least for the 2 weeks before my parents arrive! We’ve got a bunch of disruptions happening to beginning our school year, but we’ll get there. :-)

Your kids look like they’re having a great time. Keep up the good work!