Signs On His Canvas

I am not one of those people who believes in signs.  Not usually anyways.  I know that God usually speaks to us through the bible, prayer and the wisdom of other Christians but, I have to be reminded not to discount His revelations to us through creation.  Always He is showing us that He is the master painter, the grand artist who owns the whole universe as His canvas.  People who have never been told explicitly about God have become His followers simply because they have recognized Him through all He has made, acknowledging Him and worshiping Him.  Sometimes He blindsides us with His majesty, so we can barely speak.

Yesterday morning as I was running, I was given a precious glimpse of His glory.  As my feet pounded the ground at 6:45 in the morning, I was listening to my favorite worship album, lost in the lyrics of one particular song entitled, “We Come to Jesus”:

“I am He, who is alive and behold I died to save the ones I love, to raise them up to life!

Now you are mine and I am yours!  Night has passed, let us go to greet the bright eternal morn!”

And suddenly, before my eyes, I beheld a cross.   In a simple telephone wire I pass frequently, I saw more than a mere two poles fashioned together as I usually do but I saw a cross reaching up to the still waking heavens and the sight caught my breath.  The gnarled branches of a nearby tree seemed to reach like dozens of arms for the hope of creation.  It was one of those moments where I simply wanted to fall down and give thanks.  It was humbling to be reminded so tangibly in the middle of worship that I am forgiven and I am loved.  So loved by the one who died on an object that reaches north, south, east and west.  A love which encompasses the whole world with a promise of hope and rescue.

I had Rick’s iphone with me so I got this picture.  A reminder of the gift I received.  Such a hope makes me feel clothed in love, a daughter of my heavenly Father, my King, my Creator, my Savior.  Everything.  Thank you Father!

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” – Psalm 19

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Signs On His Canvas

Lovely moment and message!

Beautiful!!!! Those moments are such a blessing and reminder of how real and how loving He is!

3. Katie says:

Those moments are precious and you wrote that out beautifully. Thank you for sharing.

4. I love moments like those: where it is obvious that God is so personally mine…

5. jchallies says:

We so often get bogged down in our dull routines that we forget that there is a creator behind the creation.

dad

6. Julie says:

I love God’s signs that He opens our eyes to see, the little things that are reminders of His grace and love. It was such a pleasure to meet you in person this weekend.

7. Yen says:

This is perhaps so shallow but that is one of the reasons I love my iPhone. I see so many instances of beauty in the everyday and I live having the chance to capture those moments. I might not be seeing signs but I am seeing the evidence of God’s creation in the soft layer of snow on the trees and in that perfect sunset.
    Glad you found my secret blog Susanna…;)

8. Susanna says:

Thanks Yen and I’m glad I found your secret blog as well…and it’s fun to call you “Yen” again!!:)

9. Adam Woeger says:

I believe that God delights in using signs and other methods to both reveal and confirm Who He Is to us. God is always fresh and new to us, if we will seek Him, and allow Him to demonstrate Himself to us.