Our New, Future Home

It’s like waiting for Christmas as we anticipate moving into our first home at the end of April! I look at the pictures of our beautiful place every day, dreaming about what colors the walls should be, where our furniture can go, what it will be like to be able to sit on the upper veranda at night after the kids go to bed, etc. This place is more than we could have asked for…WAY more!

While scouring house listings night and day, I stumbled upon the neighborhood it is in when we looked at another house for sale near by. That house was not an option for us but we instantly fell in love with the area…it reminds us of a little town in Connecticut that we visited a few times while living in Brooklyn. A few streets lined with craftsman style homes much like ours, each with their own unique personalities and nothing cookie cutter about them. It is a diverse area both racially and socioeconomically which is what we are used to from four years of urban living and there is just enough of a small town feel to the area to make this city living feel like a great in between.

Interestingly, we have a small bit of backyard but most of our green space is shared with some other neighbors. At first, this worried us but now we feel excited about the opportunity to get to know our neighbors better as we will not be able to “hide” from each other as is easy to do. In the next year, there is a plan to put up a small playground area and another fence which will make things feel perfect for us.

There is much more that could be said but I must run as the kids are about the destroy something so anyhow, come May, this will be our residence! Visitors are always welcome!:)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Our New, Future Home

1. Shirley Rose says:

wow, that is just fantastic. Can’t wait to visit.

2. Steph R. says:

Looks beautiful. That shelf/cabinet unit looks like a dream come true to me!! I’m excited to see it!!

3. Bethany says:

Such a beautiful home!! Congratulations!!!

Amazingly beautiful. A true dream home! So excited and happy for you guys!

That is so wonderful! I love it! God is so good. What a great blessing. God knew exactly your family’s needs! We have small yard too and actually like that we don’t have a huge yard to mow. Can’t wait to see how you add your own personal touch to the house!

Hooray! It is lovely!

7. God was so a part of this! That house wasn’t even on the market yet and He made sure you got it! I am so happy for you guys.

8. Christy says:

SO excited for you Susannah!!! How thrilling! it is absolutely beautiful and I can’t wait to visit :)

9. Franci says:

It’s SO lovely! Can’t wait to visit you there in June!

10. Johannah says:

Look at all that space! It’s crazy what money can buy in one place, when compared to another. Although I will always your cozy place in Ny.

11. Rebecca says:

What a beautiful home! So happy for your families who now get to share so much time with you! Welcome back home.

12. Kate says:

I am so excited for you. It sounds so nice. I hope eventually we will all be able to head over to visit everyone… one day. I look forward to seeing hoe this place becomes your home.

13. Susanna says:

Thanks everyone! We look forward to sharing it with whoever wants to visit, be it for dinner or over night or whatever!!:)

14. j challies says:

What a beautiful home.

dad

15. What a gorgeous place! Perfect for you guys. I cannot wait to come and see you guys in it. I bet you are just buzzing with anticipation and excitement!

16. It is so beautiful!!